At the end of this lesson, you should be able to:
- Compare the two major transformation methods used to introduce transgenes into crop plants.
- Define the term event and describe how events can differ at the gene and chromosome levels.
- Justify the design of a transgene intended to create a disease resistant plant.
- Interpret the results of transformation experiments conducted to test a hypothesis about the impact of a transgene’s expression on a plant’s interaction with a pathogen.
- Compare and contrast the genetic engineering approaches using HIGS vs. approaches designed to produce new proteins. Relate these approaches to transgenes for disease resistance.
Click Next or select Gene Delivery from the left menu to move in to learning some specific information about Transformation and Transgene Design.